The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has announced the winners of its third annual Professional Member Awards, as part of this year’s AAT Annual Conference 2019.
Winners were announced in six categories at the dinner, which took place on Thursday 13 June at the Crowne Plaza, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Winners in full:
- Licensed Member of the Year: Farid Gasanov
- Professional Member of the Year (AATQB): Jay Wilson
- Professional Member of the Year (MAAT): Tamas Stanchak
- Professional Member of the Year (FMAAT): Andrew Sullivan
- Rising Star of the Year: Gemma Close
- Highly Commended: Sophie Thomas
Gasanov said: “I’ve been working really hard over the past year and it is clearly encouraging to see that the effort we have put in has resulted in this award. This really means a lot.”
Close said: “It’s amazing to win Rising Star of AAT. I’m really surprised but so happy to think that AAT believes in what I have achieved in such a short space of time. The recognition is amazing.”
President Vernon Anderson added: “The AAT Professional Member Awards highlight achievements by dedicated and committed members, who are a credit to themselves, to AAT, and to the accounting profession as a whole.
“I know that our judges had some difficult decisions to make given the exceptional quality of the entries we received. Congratulations to all this year’s winners.”