Winners were announced in six categories at the dinner, which took place on Thursday 13 June at the Crowne Plaza, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Winners in full:
- Licensed Member of the Year: Farid Gasanov
- Professional Member of the Year (AATQB): Jay Wilson
- Professional Member of the Year (MAAT): Tamas Stanchak
- Professional Member of the Year (FMAAT): Andrew Sullivan
- Rising Star of the Year: Gemma Close
- Highly Commended: Sophie Thomas
Gasanov said: “I’ve been working really hard over the past year and it is clearly encouraging to see that the effort we have put in has resulted in this award. This really means a lot.”
Close said: “It’s amazing to win Rising Star of AAT. I’m really surprised but so happy to think that AAT believes in what I have achieved in such a short space of time. The recognition is amazing.”
President Vernon Anderson added: “The AAT Professional Member Awards highlight achievements by dedicated and committed members, who are a credit to themselves, to AAT, and to the accounting profession as a whole.
“I know that our judges had some difficult decisions to make given the exceptional quality of the entries we received. Congratulations to all this year’s winners.”