Charity Financial Reporting – Format Of The Financial Statements
This course will concentrate on the form and content of charity accounts prepared under accrual accounting, it will also briefly cover the simpler receipts and payments accounting option.
- Receipts and Payment Accounting
- Overview of the Charities Commissions (and OSCRs) SORP
- Format of the SoFA
- When is a separate income and expenditure account required?
- Format of the Balances Sheet
- When is a cash flow needed?
- When are consolidated accounts needed?
- How to allocate income and expenditure to the various SoFA headings?
- What is intangible income and how do you account for it?
- Definition of related parties
- Key disclosures
- Differences in accounting treatments for charities as compared to ‘normal’ trading companies.
Thursday, 3 June, 10am – 12pm
To register, email email@example.com and quote code IFAAT to be charged the IFA member rate of £35. Once payment has been received you will be sent registration details.
CPD hours: 2
Price: IFA members – £35
Non members – £49
About the speaker
Matthew Shaw is the Managing Director of Metis Compliance Limited. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
He has spent over 23 years in technical and training, previously being the technical director of the HAT Group of Accountants (HAT).
Matthew has lectured to accountants in practice, accountants in industry and financial institutions on UK Financial Reporting. He also spearheaded HAT’s response to FRS 102 and FRS 102 Section 1A, preparing disclosure checklists and work programmes.