This webinar will focus on the financial reporting options available to charities. It will also look at in detail the contents of a trustees’ report and ensure that delegates understand the difference between: unrestricted funds; designated funds; restricted funds, endowment funds (permanent and temporary), this is one of the key issues in ensuring that you get charity accounting right.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Very brief overview of the financial reporting requirements of charities – thresholds and options
- Consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of the various options
- Detailed look at threshold conditions including what the definition of gross income is
- The contents of a trustees’ report (covering all sizes of charities irrespective of the financial reporting option that they follow)-
- Fund accounting – Is the charity getting it right?
Thursday, 6 May, 10am – 12pm
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote code IFAAT to be charged the IFA member rate of £35. Once payment has been received you will be sent registration details.
CPD hours: 2
Price: IFA members – £35
Non members – £49
About the speaker
Matthew Shaw is the Managing Director of Metis Compliance Limited. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
He has spent over 23 years in technical and training, previously being the technical director of the HAT Group of Accountants (HAT).
Matthew has lectured to accountants in practice, accountants in industry and financial institutions on UK Financial Reporting. He also spearheaded HAT’s response to FRS 102 and FRS 102 Section 1A, preparing disclosure checklists and work programmes.